The mega event is about to start in a few days and here we have come with some funny, interesting, knowledgeable and unknown facts about Indian Premier League (IPL). To know these interesting facts about IPL are as interesting as we were/are more curious about a player like The Sachin Tendulkar. In India cricket is like religion as every cricket lover wait for IPL every season with so much craze that it has it’s global fans and craziness about the game, it has just changed the mindset and perspective of every cricket lover in the world.
It seems among the most popular sports in the world, Cricket is going to take over in the next decade. So here we have summarised some interesting facts about IPL that will blow your mind…
Interesting facts about IPL
- Evin Lewis is the first player to be given out using DRS in IPL 2018.
- Only team that has not qualified for the final since the start of IPL is Delhi Daredevils (DD).
- Chris Gayle holds the record of highest individual score in a match : 175 (66 balls for Royal Challengers Bangalore verses Pune Warriors in the 2013 edition of IPL).
- First hat-trick in ipl is taken by Lakshmipathy Balaji in 2008 against Kings XI Punjab while playing for Chennai Super Kings (CSK).
- Most economical bowling spell in ipl history by Fidel Edwards (4-1-6-0) and Nehra (4-1-6-1) both in 2009 edition.
- Virat Kohli is the only player to play with the same team since the start of IPL in 2008 till date.
- Chennai Super Kings is the only IPL team that has the same captain from the start of ipl in 2008 and it’s none other than Mahendra Singh Dhoni.
- In 2016 Piyush Chawla bowled his first no-ball after bowling 386 overs in IPL history, we must say a rare feat.
- 153 km/h remains the fastest IPL ball by Pat Cummins.
- Most ducks (i.e out without scoring a run) in IPL history is belongs to Harbhajan Singh.
- Record for the highest and lowest total for a team is Royal Challengers Bangalore. In 2013 edition they reached the highest team total 263/5 against the Pune Warriors India and lowest team total 49 all out against the Kolkata Knight Riders in IPL 2017.
- Only two foreign player have played more than 100 matches for a single franchise and the name is Kieron Pollard(MI since 2010, played for Mumbai Indians till date) and AB de Villiers (RCB since 2011).
- 1st time Virat Kohli missed the first match of an IPL edition for RCB.
- Wriddhiman Saha is the 1st and only Indian wicket-keeper batsman to score a century in IPL.